The Gift of Limits | Week 4 Limited Relationships | Colossians 4:5-18
- Paul’s Relationships in Colossians 4
- God’s Unlimited Relationships
- Trinity - God is Eternally Relational and Loving
- Created all people in His image.
- Created us for worship and relationship.
- Knows every person in every place.
- LImited Human Relationships
- Created for relationship with God and others.
- Family, People Groups, Friendship, Polis, Humanity
- Limited in number of direct relationships.
- Sin distorts our relationships.
- Jesus restores our Relationship with God and Others.
- Salvation happens individually.
- Also, salvation draws us into relationships with others.
*How do we live as the people of God when we’re only able to handle a certain number of relationships?
II. Limited Relationships
***Helpful to Think in Concentric Circles
- Dunbar’s theory of 5, 15, 50, 150, 500, 1500
- Exodus 18 (Jethro and Moses)
- Old Testament census groupings
- Jesus’ pattern // 2 Timothy 2:2
- Love Widely
- Love everyone created in God’s image
- Pray for and love the worldwide Church
- Commit Closely
- Live (Neighborhood) / Learn / Work / Play
- Importance of Church Membership
- Partners with Other Churches
- Invest Intentionally
- Hospitality - unselfish love
- Marriage - undivided love
- Kids - unconditional love
- Small Group; Focused Discipleship
- Grow Personally with an Eternal Perspective
- Why do we need relationships?
- What can we learn from God’s unlimited relationships?
- What do you see and learn from Jesus’ relationships?
- What can you do this week to invest in your relationships?
- How can we be praying for each other this week?