The Book of Daniel // Week 1 // Exile // Daniel 1:1-3
Week 1 (Apr 11) = Exile
Week 2 (Apr 18) = Babylon
Week 3 (Apr 25) = God’s Faithfulness
Week 4 (May 2) = Daniel’s Faithfulness
Exile in Daniel
- Southern Kingdom (Judah)
- Babylon; Nebuchadnezzar
- 605BC - Daniel and friends exiled
- 586BC - destruction of temple
Exile in Scripture
- Adam, Eve, and Garden
- Joseph (Abraham’s descendants)
- God made Covenant Promises
- God sent Prophets
- Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel
- Prodigal Son parable
- Jesus’ Ministry and the Church
How to Live in Exile - Philippians 3:17-21
- Look to Exile’s End and Stand Firm (20-21)
- Christ’s victory over exile enemies of sin and death
- Christ’s return to transform our lives and restore the Home
- Remember Your Heavenly Citizenship
- Look to Exile Examples and Walk Faithfully (18-19)
- Not living for accumulation or consumption in this world
- Not giving into despair or withdrawal
- Pursue holiness, peace, joy, contentment, and good works
- Learn from exiles and minority groups
*Who you listen to while in exile makes all the difference*
- Where is home for you? Have you ever lived somewhere else that also feels like "home?"
- In what ways can today's Christians relate to those exiled in Daniel?
- What does it mean to remember your heavenly citizenship?
- How can we encourage each other this week?
- How specifically can we pray and care for each other this week?