5.15.22 On the Way: The Gospel of Mark | Mark 3:31-35 | The Family of God
Jesus defines His Family by Faith.
1. Jesus’ Family struggled with Faith
- Will they follow the path of the religious leaders?
- Will they stay outside like the crowd?
2. Jesus Redefined Family around Faith in Him
- Being with Him
- Doing God’s Will
- Responding to Him in Faith
3. Jesus’ Family later came to have Faith
- John 19:25; Acts 1:14; 1 Cor. 9:5
- Don’t give up on your family; Faith takes time to grow
4. Jesus Defined His Church with the Picture of Family
- Brothers and Sisters in Christ
- Household of Faith
- Honoring Families, without Worshiping Family
- *Valuing Singles and All Ages
- Deacons as Servants of the Church
- *Caring for Widows and Families
*Have you responded to Jesus in faith, confessing Him as Lord and trusting in Him as Savior?
*How is God leading you to pray for and honor your family?
*How is God leading you to connect with and encourage the church family?
-Singles - how can you encourage marriages?
-Married - how can you encourage singles?
-Parents/Children - how can you encourage one another?