Why does Church Membership matter?
We answer this question directly in the Membership Information Class offered on the 2nd Sunday of each month.
The short answer is:
(1) church membership is more about what you can give than what you get
(2) church membership is a pathway to live out what the Bible teaches about following Jesus
Do I have to be re-baptized to join Emmaus?
If you were baptized by immersion in response to experiencing God’s salvation through faith in Jesus, we do not require you to be re-baptized. If you have not been baptized or if you have questions about your previous baptism, we would be honored to talk with you about that.
Can I transfer membership from another church?
Yes. After you attend the New Member Information Meeting (2nd Sunday of each month) and meet with a Pastor/Church Leader, we will contact your previous church to “transfer your church letter” to Emmaus.
*If you are seeking God’s direction about whether to leave your current church and join another church, we hope you’ll take a look at the resource linked below (“Church Transfer and Church Growth”).
Optional “First Step”
- "First Step" offered on the First Sunday of Each Month
- Meets in the Main Lobby. Coffee, fruit, and pastries. Meet staff members.
- No-obligation opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the church.
- *Discover Emmaus is not required for church membership, but is a great starting point.
Three Required Steps for Membership
1. New Member Information Meeting
- "Next Step" offered on the 2nd Sunday of Each Month
- Meets in the Main Lobby
- If you’d like to become a member, or just want to learn more, please attend this meeting.
2. Meet with a Pastor/Church Leader
- After attending the New Member Information Meeting, you will meet with a staff member or church leader to share how you became a follower of Jesus and how God led you to Emmaus.
3. Presented to the Church
- We present new members in the Worship Service every few weeks.
- We will coordinate with you to find an open date.